Friday 24 October 2014

Pharrell Williams, Tyga, and Lil Wayne at the 2014 BET Awards


Tyga isn't biting his tongue. The rapper opened up about his relationship with fellow Young Money artists, Drake and Nicki Minaj in a recent interview with Vibe, saying: "I don't really get along with Drake. I don't really get along with Nicki."

"I think being signed to Young Money, everybody felt like they had to force a relationship 'cause [Lil] Wayne put us together," Tyga added. "At the end of the day the reason why I signed to Young Money is because of Wayne. Not because of Drake, not because of Nicki."

Real-Time Charts: Tyga Drops New Single

Tyga recently aired his frustration with his label in a series of Tweets.


He expanded on these views in his interview, saying that Young Money is not involved in "the creative process" behind his new album and that he's "tryna' go independent."

Young Money Announces New Compilation, 'Rise of an Empire'

One of the principal reasons for this: he's not a fan of Drake. "I don't like Drake as a person," Tyga said. "He's just fake to me. I like his music; you know what I'm saying? I think his music is good, but we’re all different people. We were forced together... I been friends with Chris [Brown] for like six years. That's my real genuine friend." "I try to be cool with everybody," Tyga continued, "but sometimes, everybody just has different personalities."

In addition to being pals with Brown, Tyga is a big fan of Kanye West. The two have done some work together. 'Ye produced Tyga's latest single, "40 Mill," from his upcoming album, The Gold Album:18th Dynasty, which is reportedly executive produced by ‘Ye.

"I love doing music," Tyga noted. "I just don't like all the other bullshit that comes with rap."

No comments:

Post a Comment