Monday 7 July 2014

Oscar Pistorious Trial: I don't hate Oscar - Reeva's mom

Reeva Steenkamp's mother, June, wipes her eye during the murder trial of Oscar Pistorius at the North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria. (Daniel Born/The Times/Pool)


Pretoria - Reeva Steenkamp's mother, June, has told a British magazine that she has forgivenOscar Pistorius, who is on trial for the murder of her daughter.
On Monday Hello! magazine published an interview with June Steenkamp.
"I don't hate Oscar," she told the magazine.
"I've forgiven him. I have to - that's my religion. But I am determined to face him and re-claim my daughter. It's important for him to know that I'm there, that Reeva's mother who gave birth to her and loved her, is there for her."
Justice
She added that she feels Reeva's presence with her all the time, and believes she will only rest in peace when the trial is over.
"I trust that God will prevail and justice will be done. All we want is the truth," she said.
Pistorius has been charged with murdering Steenkamp early on the morning of 14 February 2013.
The sprinter claims he mistakenly shot the 29-year-old model and law graduate through a locked door, believing she was an intruder in his upmarket Pretoria home.
If found guilty of premeditated murder, he faces up to 25 years in jail and an abrupt end to his glittering sports career.

No comments:

Post a Comment